Thursday, July 22, 2010

Random Organization

I have recently decided that the random organization (things are there, just not where I would normally want them to be, aka in their right spot) needed to end at home and work. I've created files, cleaned out drawers, moved furniture, unpacked boxes, and yes, even thrown stuff away and donated some to others. It's a process, and it's not complete, but I had a sense of accomplishment in getting those things taken care of, and now I'm not bothered by the clutter/piles/boxes since most has been addressed. I feel like God is teaching me about being random or mediocre in life and in my relationship with Him too. This example of organization shows how much better results can be if I put the time and energy into getting it done right. I know I haven't been totally committed to God the way I once was and it doesn't feel "right."

Colossians 3:23-24: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

I'm going to be more diligent in setting my focus on Him, not just the whims that come and go. Only when I give Him my whole heart will I be complete. My head knows this - I just need to put my faith in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment