Monday, November 22, 2010

Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail - and we all know I can't stand failure!!!

So part of my quest for freedom is physical--shed the unwanted pounds, improve my physical health and fitness overall, and succumb to slight vanity if my body cooperates with my mind. :)

As much as I plan though, I never really took the time to document what it is I want and how I plan to get there. Here's the rough outline (below) and more details will be hashed out based on who signs on to be my accountability partners. If I know you're expecting updates, I'll be more likely to follow through so I won't let you down (even though it's really myself that I'm failing if I don't do what I need to do). I welcome friendly suggestions on the plan and this part of my journey to freedom.

GOALS:
1. Lose 100 pounds by December 2012
2. Increase physical activity to improve overall health/fitness (walk/run another 5K in spring 2011, run a 5K in fall 2011, run/walk a 10K in spring 2012, run a 10K in fall 2012)
3. Drink sufficient amounts of water on a daily basis (8 bottles, starting with 2--this is gonna be a struggle)
4. Decrease quantity and eventually quit drinking soft drinks (subject to migraine control)

WEEKLY:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (or 3 days working around other scheduled obligations if necessary)--1 hour of running/walking on elliptical or Main Street
Tuesdays & Saturdays (or 2 days each week)--1 hour of Zumba
Thursdays & Sundays--30 minutes of physical activity

DAILY:
Drink enough water (start with 2 bottles each day and increase by 1 bottle daily each month)
Continue monitoring portion sizes at all meals/snacks
Prepare for healthy snacks in mid-afternoon, late evening
Limit dining out at a Mexican restaurant to once per week and make smart choices
Go to bed at a reasonable hour so sleep might actually result (11 p.m.=target time, since 2 a.m. is current reality)

MONTHLY:
Measurements and Weight Check on 1st and 16th of each month
Implement consequences and rewards accordingly

CONSEQUENCES:
No Facebook or internet if physical activity standards are not met (whole evening for each day I didn't exercise)
No TV if I made poor food choices (30 minutes lost for every infraction)
No Mexican food if water intake is not increased gradually over time

REWARDS:
$1 for every workout (which will pay for/justify a pedicure every month)
Shopping spree (clothes, shoes, and/or accessories) for every 25 pounds lost

Again, your input will be appreciated. Your willingness to help me measure up (or down, in this instance) will also be appreciated.

Love and prayers,
Alissa

1 comment:

  1. you can count on me!! :) starting with this week/weekend, even! ;-) zumba, booty camp in the park, walking/jogging, you name it! (even if it's raining, i'll throw a hat on and we can still go). i'll bring the tape measurer and we can take measurements thursday if you want.

    just a few comments regarding your blog: the definition of 'sufficient amount of water' is 1/2 of your body weight in ounces. obviously, start with your goal of increasing it over time and 8 glasses a day but try to increase up to the minimum (1/2 of your body weight in ounces). but i know you'll acheive your water goal just so you won't deprive yourself of mexican! ;-) and as difficult as it is, there are smart(er) choices offered at restaurants.

    i noticed where you didn't mention anything about strength training which you'll need to incorporate somewhere in there. keep in mind, you don't need machines to strength train. but in order to keep your muscles looking lean and so your body doesn't turn to flab, you'll need to include it with your cardio.

    i'm here to keep you accountable and help wherever you need me to! i know you can do whatever you set your mind to and now that you have the outline and goals/rewards in place - you WILL acheive them!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete