Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Push it to the Limit(s)

Soooo....it's been a while since my last blog post. I've written at least one every day in my mind - usually on my 40 minute commute home from work - and yet, they haven't quite made it to print in this particular forum. That being said, a lot has been going on and there have been times where I feel overwhelmed, on the verge of a complete meltdown, etc. I probably should not be surprised when Satan catches me at a "high" and launches a new attack, and I know God never gives us more than we can handle. Mercy, but I wish He didn't think me capable of handling so much sometimes!! LOL

My quest for freedom has many facets: spiritually free of bondage, physically free of the unwanted pounds that do not reflect the real me I remember from childhood/early adult years, mentally released from baggage of past failings. A challenge has been to push myself to move forward when there are days I just want to give up and stop moving permanently. (These are the days I contemplate asking for help in the form of some "happy pill" but pride has kept me from asking, in much the same way pride keeps me from asking for any other help, even with my closest and dearest friends.)

So, I'm asking for that help, that accountability that I know is available. Help me push it to the limits and stay on track - spiritually, physically, and mentally/emotionally. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 and some of that strength is going to have YOUR flesh on it dear friends/family!

P.S. Today was a good day and I will rejoice in it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Another P.S. I'm saving the specifics for my book - "Brenda's Bondage" that the Commonwealth Attorney told me I should write to help other women who find themselves caught up in a situation like mine was.

    (The Brenda part is an inside joke. People have trouble pronouncing my name - I can't imagine why..LOL - and some people outright have called me the wrong name. Jackie decided she was gonna call me Brenda since that's a name nobody gets wrong without being very embarrassed!)

    ReplyDelete